Google
 

Friday, December 14, 2007

Jake Cuenca happy about ABS-CBN's 'Palos'


By REYMA BUAN-DEVEZA
abs-cbnNEWS.com

Actor and model Jake Cuenca said that he is very grateful and happy for all the projects that he has been getting from ABS-CBN.

"My feeling is overwhelming, this is the happiest I’ve ever been professionally and at the same time I consider myself very, very happy," Cuenca told abs-cbnNEWS.com.

Cuenca shared his elation during the media presentation of Star Magic’s "Yuletide Babies" at 9501 of ABS-CBN’s ELJ Building in Quezon City Thursday morning. He also thanked the network for giving him the chance to star in the upcoming ABS-CBN action-drama television series "Palos."

"Palos" is based on the classic Filipino comics and film character of the same name ("palos" means "eel" in Filipino), who is a professional thief adept in the fighting arts and possesses acrobatic skills. He is called "Palos" because he is as slippery as an eel and is almost never caught.

The TV series is based on the "Palos" movies that were released from the 1960s to the 1980s. Actor Bernard Bonin played the character in all the films, starting with "Alyas Palos" in 1962.

Now, Cuenca will take on the mantle of Palos in the new series. "I really thank ABS-CBN for trusting me like this. For me, everyday I’m praying so I could live up to their expectations. I hope that people will support me and would be able to watch 'Palos'," the young actor said.

Cuenca also revealed that his new role requires him to get into martial arts as well as acting workshops.

"Martial arts training almost everyday, then there’s wushu plus acting work shop so the people could watch a different Jake Cuenca in this project."

According to Cuenca, "Palos" will be start airing in February of 2008.

The "Palos" cast includes Cesar Montano, Carla Humphries, Valerie Garcia, Bangs of Let’s Go, JR Siaboc, Wendy Valdez, Sunshine Cruz, Jodi Sta. Maria and Julia Barretto.

Cuenca is also a regular co-host of ASAP ’07, and stars in "Lastikman" and "That's My Doc".

0 comments: