Google
 

Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Pops: Let Martin decide


By REYMA BUAN-DEVEZA
abs-cbnNEWS.com
Concert Queen Pops Fernandez said she will leave it up to ex-husband singer Martin Nievera to decide on whether or not to attend her 25th anniversary concert.
"I always said and I'm not denying that he (Martin) has been part of my 25 years (in showbiz), so let's see. It is up for him to decide," Fernandez told abs-cbnNEWS.com.
Fernandez will celebrate her 25th anniversary in show business with a grand concert on December 8. She already inked a contract with ABS-CBN, granting the network exclusive rights to tape and broadcast her concert, "Diva-licious" at the Araneta Coliseum in Quezon City.
Fernandez said Ram and Robin, her two sons with Nievera, will be part of her "super special concert" and will do a special performance with her.
"Yes I will. My kids will also join me. Like what I've said it's not an ordinary concert because it's extra-special for me because I'm celebrating my 25 years so I requested and I forced my kids to be with me this December 8," said Fernandez, laughing.
The singer also affirmed that her current sweetheart, actor Jomari Yllana, will be there to watch the concert and to give support.
Her grand production will be directed by Rowell Santiago and musically directed by Homer Flores.
Joining Fernandez in her most memorable concert will be ary Valenciano, John Prats, Kuh Ledesma, R&B prince Jay-R and Sharon Cuneta.
Fernandez is the daughter of action star Eddie Fernandez and singer Dulce Lukban. She began her singing career at the age of 16.
She hosted the hit 1980s TV variety series "Penthouse Live!" with Nievera. In 1995, Fernandez joined the cast of ABS-CBN's variety program "ASAP" and was chosen as Best Female Musical Variety Show Host at the KBP Golden Dove Awards in 1999.
Fernandez was dubbed as the country's "Concert Queen" for her ability to attract huge crowds. She is also an actress and has starred in several movies, including the box-office hit "Gusto Ko nang Lumigaya" and "Linlang" where she received critical acclaim.
She occasionally appears as one of the hosts for "ASAP."

0 comments: